Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Songs That Remind Me of You


My husband came home from a month long tour a few years ago with this album, saying this song reminded him of me. Every time this song comes on our shuffle, he always says "this song makes me think of you". I've never asked him why, but I think it's cute.

We actually had the chance to see Josh Ritter live at SXSW a few years ago in a church. It was the best show ever! He played acoustic and right when he said to the heavens, "please don't smite me for playing this song in a church," the power went out and he played it anyway.

 IMG_2230
Photo I took at SXSW

He's the best storyteller, and I love so many of his songs. I can listen to his albums for months, especially on vinyl. I am also in love with this song and video:  

 If you ever get a change to see him live, you won't regret it. I also recommend all his albums, although The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment