Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Goals/Resolutions for 2013

[caption id="attachment_131" align="aligncenter" width="584"]by Kelly Rae Roberts by Kelly Rae Roberts[/caption]

When thinking of my goals/resolutions for the New Year, I remembered this post and print by Kelly Rae Roberts. It has inspired me to get this year started on the right foot, to focus on the positive, and not to forget to just live in the moment.


2013 Goals/Resolutions:


1. Be Brave: This year is all about taking chances, and doing all those things I only dream about. Being brave is also about letting go. I plan to ask myself, "is this holding me back, or moving me forward?" This covers a broad range of topics, from my art to my home.


2. Embrace Change: There have already been so many changes in my life and the year has barely started. Having a baby has changed my life completely, and the transition to motherhood has been a bit rocky, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it. We have lots of big decisions to make, and I have no idea where they will take us. What I do know, is that embracing the changes and keeping a positive attitude will keep me happier than worrying and fretting.


3. Stay True: I feel as though I am at a turning point in my life where I am changing and growing as a person. I want to embrace this change, but stay true to myself. It's crazy how much my tastes, style, and thoughts are evolving. I'm not sure if this change has to do with turning 30 or becoming a mother (perhaps both), but I'm definitely growing up and it's kinda weird.


4. Celebrate Everything: This year I want to celebrate and document everything. I think this year will be exciting as I see it through the eyes of my daughter. Watching her grow everyday has been cause to celebrate, and I can't stop taking pictures of her and kissing her cute face. Everything seems new and exciting as we just live each day as a new family. I am working on doing a 365 photography project, and it only seemed natural that Amelia is my muse. :)


What are your goals/resolutions for 2013? Leave a comment, I'd love to know what is going on with you for 2013!

3 comments:

  1. [...] Goals/Resolutions for 2013 (scrawnygirl.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of Kelly Rae Roberts too. She has some prints related to motherhood. One I like is of a lady with a baby in a papoose on her back. I think the mother and baby both have feather/leaves in their hair.

    I appreciate that one of your resolutions is to embrace change. I have a lot of change going on these days at my full-time job. It's stressful, but I try to be a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that print too! Good luck with everything at your job. :)

    ReplyDelete